As of December 31, 2023, Shopify no longer supports theme injections.
Algolia Autocomplete embedded blocks are required to use Algolia InstantSearch; they contain necessary configurations and scripts.
- Algolia Autocomplete uses embedded blocks to replace the default search box.
- Algolia InstantSearch uses app blocks to add a full search results page to your store.
If your theme still contain the Algolia template files, you would need to remove the Algolia code from your theme by clicking on the trash icon in the Search options tab on the Algolia Shopify app. Please note that this will remove all Algolia template files that might included your customizations as well, so we strongly recommend duplicating your theme code before removing Algolia code on the original theme.
That said, we would recommend following these steps:
- Duplicate your current theme that contains Algolia template files and keep the duplicated theme.
Remove Algolia code (template files) on the original theme by clicking on the trash icon via the Algolia Shopify app.
- Enable the Algolia Autocomplete embedded block by reviewing this guide doc.
- Enable the Algolia InstantSearch app block by reviewing this guide doc.
The duplicated theme (on which you've enabled the Algolia Autocomplete embedded block and InstantSearch app block) should not contain Algolia template files.