If you have links to images in your records but the image does not appear in your Algolia dashboard, begin by validating the image link by pasting it into your browser.
Even if you are able to validate that the image links in your records are working from your own IP / setup, the images may be behind a firewall or may require authorization.
Algolia needs access to fetch these images. Make sure your servers, server providers, or CDN aren't blocking requests from dashboard.algolia.com or www.algolia.com with the user agent
The images could also be impacted by your dashboard Display Preferences. Perform the following check:
- Go to your Algolia dashboard and click on "Display Preferences"
- Click on the "Images" tab of the popup
- Check for redundant information in the "Prefix (optional)" field that is being appended to the URL in your record attribute. Below this field, you will see an example of a final URL for your image source in purple text. In the example below, this field is adding a redundant https:// to the image URLs and making them invalid.
- Delete or modify the contents of the "Prefix (optional)" field until the purple URL text is correct and your images appear in the preview grid to the right.
- Click "Save" and you're good to go!